[Mailman-Users] Reply-to options not working

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Tue Jan 30 17:47:59 EST 2018

On 01/30/2018 03:09 PM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> To answer my own question, the one I got back from the list has the same
> message id that was sent out so a t least in this particular delivery
> chain nothing mangled it.

;-)

> In that case keeping a list of the N last delivered message ids and
> discarding ones already on the list shouldn't be too difficult indeed.

Nope, that's not difficult do to.

The catch is that this doesn't do what I want it to do.

> The only problem then is list mail will seldom land in the list
> sub-folders as the direct replies should almost always come first and
> land in inbox.

I don't know about the /only/ problem per say, but certainly /a/ problem.

I would much rather have a spurious message in my Inbox in addition to
the message that I want, from the mailing list, in the folder for said
mailing list.

In this case, I need something that will identify the dup in the Inbox
and remove it when the message arrives from the mailing list, second /
minutes / hours later.  This simply is not conducive to typical procmail
(like) filtering schemes.

Also remember that these two messages are not identical.  They are
close, and the message from the list is based off of the direct message.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die