[Mailman-Users] What does mailman do with a POST?

Bernie Cosell bernie at fantasyfarm.com
Mon Jul 30 08:08:11 EDT 2018

I'm trying to submit a form or two from a program and I can't quite
understand Mailman's form handling, this with Mailman 2.1.23.

What I've done is a little program that does something simple: it first
authenticates [and gets the appropriate cookies], then I GET the
mass-removal page [to get its csrf_object.  Then I do a simple POST with
just three form fields:

csrf_object=>  <whatever it was in the GET of the page>
unsubscribees  => the email address,
'setmemberopts_btn  => 'Submit Your Changes'

The response I get back is the original page - no error and no success, just
the mass-removal page again.  It is what would happen if you clicked on
the submit button without giving it anything to do

I've also tried a similar POSTing with every field from the form included,
and always the same: a 200 response and I get the mass-removal page back
again.   I'd look at the code, but I'm a perl guy -- never messed with python.

What does Mailman do to when receiving a POST to decide if there's
something to do or not?  THANKS!

  /Bernie\

                 Bernie Cosell
         bernie at fantasyfarm.com