[Mailman-Users] What does mailman do with a POST?

Tue Jul 31 21:57:18 EDT 2018

On 7/31/18 9:32 PM, Bernie Cosell wrote:
> On 31 Jul 2018 at 21:25, Richard Damon wrote:
>
>> On 7/31/18 9:15 PM, Bernie Cosell wrote:
>>> Here's the request I just sent:
>>>
>>> 'setmemberopts-btn' => 'Submit Your Changes',
>>>  'cookie' =>
>>>  'unsubscribees' => 'bernie'
>>> know it is a TEXTAREA -- but I just assumed I could pass it a string
>> and
>>> that'd be OK.
>> With Mailman2, submitting a non-subscribed email address to the
>> unsubscribe link doesn't give an error message.
> Hmm.  the server is running  2.1.23 and I just tried unsubscribing "bernie"
> again from my web browser [and I'm still not on the list..:o)]  and I got:
>
>     bernie
>> this is part of Mailmans privacy policy to not let people find out if
>> someone is subscribed to a list (assuming the list doesn't post the
>> subscriber list).
>>

>> --
>> Richard Damon

>> rm.com
>
>             Bernie Cosell
>        bernie at fantasyfarm.com
> -- Too many people; too few sheep --

Sorry, I was thinking of the member unsubscribed page, not the admin page.
The admin does know who is subscribed so no hiding is needed.

One thought is could the anti-robot code be affecting you here, and you
need to add a pause between getting the token and submitting the form to
look like a human (it really shouldn't need to be active on admin pages,
but I don't know if it makes the distinction.)

--
Richard Damon