[Mailman-Users] What does mailman do with a POST?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jul 31 23:08:23 EDT 2018

On 07/31/2018 06:15 PM, Bernie Cosell wrote:

> 'cookie2' => '$Version="1"',
> 'csrf-token' =>
> '...',
> 'setmemberopts-btn' => 'Submit Your Changes',
>  'cookie' =>
> 'testlist-fantasyfarm.com+admin=...',
>  'user-agent' => 'Mozilla/5.0',
>  'unsubscribees' => 'bernie'
> know it is a TEXTAREA -- but I just assumed I could pass it a string and
> that'd be OK.

The above should be OK. The unsubscribees should be a string of email
address and/or display_name <address> lines separated by newlines, but
just "bernie" should be enough to give the error.

I note however that I went to
http://lists.fantasyfarm.com/listinfo.cgi/testlist-fantasyfarm.com just
to see it, and I can see by the form of the URL ythat this is a modified
Mailman. Primarily the fact that the listname in the URL is
'testlist-fantasyfarm.com' rather than just 'testlist' indicates that
this is a Mailman modified to support lists in multiple domains without
list name collisions. Also, the footer has no link to the listinfo overview.

Without knowing what the mods are, it's hard for me to be definitive
about anything, however if your script is posting the same data that a
web browser would post, it SHOULD work.

Further, If the CGI is comparable to the standard one, the fact that you
don't get a message about form lifetime expired means it gets your
csrf_token OK and the fact that you don't get the login page in return
means it gets your cookie OK and all you should need beyond that to at
least get an error is a non-blank unsubscribees value.

Thus, I don't know what's going on.