[Mailman-Users] Bogus Subscriptions (was: Mailman-Users Digest, Vol 172, Issue 6)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jun 4 22:29:43 EDT 2018

On 06/04/2018 06:40 PM, Adam Goldberg wrote:
> Mark - did you consider generalizing the patch a little bit (so it works with Spamhaus, but also with other RBLs)?  Spamhaus is one RBL provider, but there are a bunch (and most of them work the same way).

Yes, I know, but I wanted something simple. I'm actually in the process
of restricting Spamhaus a bit to not include PBL hits because those are
IPs that by policy don't send mail and they're probably not appropriate
for this purpose.

I am trying to do something simple. I certainly don't want to introduce
a complicated configuration option to select RBLs. As time permits, I
may add other lists, but for now I'm just querying Spamhaus ZEN but only
accepting hits from SBL, CSS or XBL.