[Mailman-Users] Upgradeability of 2.1.* releases?

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Wed Jun 6 11:57:42 EDT 2018

On 6/6/2018 7:54 AM, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> Where could I find how smooth is the upgrade between different
> 2.1.* releases? Are there any tools for the conversion of the
> configuration, if it is not completely automagical?

Generally, if you're upgrading via source (instead of some distro's
package), going from 2.1.x to current is automagic.  Most of the problems
seem to be with packages, which may have been customized for different file
locations.

See-
https://wiki.list.org/DOC/4.80%20How%20do%20I%20upgrade%20from%20Mailman%202.1.x%20to%20a%20later%20Mailman%202.1.y%3F

If you're back at 2.1.15, I'd definitely update.

Later,

z!