[Mailman-Users] Bouncing emails.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 15 12:05:09 EDT 2018

On 06/15/2018 05:50 AM, Mark T wrote:
> Hi here is a copy of one of my members bounce email
>
> This is a Mailman mailing list bounce action notice:
>

>     List:       All-write
>
>     Member:
>
> bscription disabled.
>
>     Reason:     Excessive or fatal bounces.
>
> They have replyed  to the email but was still removed

The above message is a notice to the list owner that the users delivery
has been disabled due to bouncing. Replying to this notice simly sends
the reply to the list owner but does nothing to re-enable the user's
delivery.

If the owner is convinced that the user's address is actually
deliverable, the owner can go to the list admin web UI Membership
Management... -> Membership List and uncheck the "nomail/[reason]" box
for the user and submit the change.

However, it is more likely that the address is actually not deliverable
and should be unsubscribed. The bounce message attached to the notice
will give more information about the actual bounce reason.