[Mailman-Users] How to track down someone mislabeling msgs as abuse?

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Mon Jun 25 22:32:14 EDT 2018

Richard Johnson writes:

 > I tried this just now, adding "%(user_address)" to the footer,

Executive summary: Try adding "s" to the end of that.

The format string is "%s", which in very old Pythons needed to be
referred to according to its position in the string.  More modern
Pythons allow you to interpolate "(user_address)" which looks up the
variable user_address in a dictionary.  But you still need the "s" at
the end to tell Python to format the variable's value is expected to
be a string, not an integer or something like that.

The error message seems unclear.  I'm not sure if it's easy to do
anything about it though.  The format string language is complex, and
I'm not sure it's easy for the program to diagnose the error more
precisely.

Regards,

Steve

--
Associate Professor              Division of Policy and Planning Science
http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/     Faculty of Systems and Information