[Mailman-Users] Changing Characters
dandrews at visi.com
Wed Jun 27 22:56:37 EDT 2018
At one time I changed some settings in Content Filtering, on all my
lists. It was quite a few versions ago, to solve some problem that I
can't even remember. I am still doing it, remove everything from
filter these content types, I think. Would that do it, should I restore them?
At 12:25 AM 6/27/2018, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>On 6/26/18 8:09 PM, David Andrews wrote:
> > At 07:40 PM 6/26/2018, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> >> I'm not sure what's happening. Yes, Outlook represented the message in a
> >> character set (code page) which wasn't compatible with the list's
> >> language character set, probably us-ascii, but this should affect only
> >> plain format digests and archives where the message is represented in
> >> the list's character set. For individual messages sent to the list
> >> members and MIME format digest, there should be no transliteration.
> > This wasn't in the digest, it was in a regular message.
>I suppose it's possible that an HTML message was converted to plain text
>by content filtering, but in order to say more, we'd need to see a
>complete raw message, preferably both as sent to the list and as
>received from the list.
>Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,
>San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan
>Mailman-Users mailing list Mailman-Users at python.org
>Mailman FAQ: http://wiki.list.org/x/AgA3
>Security Policy: http://wiki.list.org/x/QIA9
>Searchable Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
More information about the Mailman-Users