[Mailman-Users] Accept vs Approve wording on moderator pages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 2 14:03:25 EST 2018

On 03/01/2018 07:28 PM, Peter Shute wrote:
> On the moderator summary page, the available options are Defer, Approve, Reject or Discard.
>
> On the detail page, they're Defer, Accept, Reject or Discard.
>
> Only a cosmetic difference, but perhaps someone could change one to match the other?

OK, I'll "fix" it but I have a question.

On the summary page, the radio buttons are

(_('Defer'), _('Accept'), _('Reject'), _('Discard'))

and if it's a non-member post you have the option to add the sender "to
one of these sender filters:
(_('Accepts'), _('Holds'), _('Rejects'), _('Discards'))

and the filters are actually named
{accept|hold|reject|discard}_these_nonmembers. Thus it is pretty clear,
the change should be to change 'Approve' to 'Accept' on the detail page.

That is not my question. My question is the summary page also lists held
subscriptions and unsubscriptions and for these the buttons are

(_('Defer'), _('Approve'), _('Reject'), _('Discard'))

This seems consistent with subs and unsubs being held for moderator
approval, so I don't want to change it, but that leaves an inconsistency
on the summary page itself with (un)subs being "Approved" and messages
being "Accepted".

Is anyone bothered by this?