[Mailman-Users] Accept vs Approve wording on moderator pages

Sun Mar 4 16:54:58 EST 2018

On 3/4/18 4:30 PM, Peter Shute wrote:
> Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
>> Is anyone bothered by this?
> Now that I know it has a history, I could become quite fond of it.
>
> If it comes down to definitions of each word, I'm fine with either, although I generally talk to other moderators about approving messages and subscriptions rather than accepting.
>
> Peter Shute
Yes, the terminology I am used to is that when you make the decision to
release a message or allow a subscription, you are 'Approving' it (you
may not agree with it, but you have decided that it passes all the
requirements to be allowed on the list).

You can also put the person on the Accept list, which will remove the
need for a moderator to Approve each of their messages and the list will
just automatically Accept it (unless it falls under some filter that
holds/rejects/discards it).

--
Richard Damon