[Mailman-Users] Switching a list to port 443

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Wed Mar 7 12:18:02 EST 2018

On Wed, 2018-03-07 at 08:40 -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> The most likely explanation for what you observed is you never ran
> fix_url on the affected lists after you changed DEFAULT_URL_HOST to
> "www.fmp.com" so their web_page_url attribute still had the prior
> domain.

I suppose it's possible, and certainly it was a misconfig on my part to
_not_ have an add_virtualhost call for "www.fmp.com". The web_page_url
in effect, though, seems to have been the one set with
--urlhost when newlist was invoked to create the list, and after
running https.py the absence of an appropriate add_virtualhost() came
to the fore and the web_page_url was rewritten using the old
DEFAULT_URL_HOST, even though I'd added a proper add_virtualhost() by
the time I ran https.py.

Interesting, but not serious since the issue was identified and
remedied here in pretty short order :)

--
Lindsay Haisley       |  "Humor will get you through times of no humor
FMP Computer Services |      better than no humor will get you through