[Mailman-Users] Approving often fails and displays wrong page

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Mar 11 21:57:53 EDT 2018

On 03/11/2018 10:03 AM, Carl Zwanzig wrote:
> On 3/10/2018 11:58 PM, Peter Shute wrote:
>> We’ve found recently that more often than not when we approve a message
>> from its details view, after we click Submit, it goes to another page
>> that’s not part of mailman. It goes to the root of our cpanel, ie same
>> url minus the/mailman/... part, but displays the correct url in the
>> address bar. We can reliably approve messages from the summary page.
>
> Sounds sort of like a rogue load balancer, caching system, or some kind
> of URL rewrite filter in the way.

I agree with Carl. I have no idea what the actual issue is, but given
that the result has something like
http://example.com/mailman/admindb/list_example.com in the address bar
but the content displayed is as if the browser had done a 'GET /' would
seem to say either the browser is broken - very unlikely and easily
confirmed by trying a different browser - or something between the
browser and the ultimate web server is the cause.