[Mailman-Users] Mailman email suffix

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 22 13:26:51 EDT 2018

On 03/21/2018 11:49 PM, Falk, Fredrik wrote:

> On the old system the e-mail I receive is coming from listname-bounces.suffix at domain.com on behalf of mailman-owner at domain.com
> And in the e-mail body there is also the e-mail address present listname-request.suffix at domain.com
>
> Now on the new system the e-email is coming from listname-bounces at domain.com on behalf of mailman-owner at domain.com
> In the e-mail body the e-mail is listname-request at domain.com
>

> So you see, I am missing the “.suffix” part
>
> I have not found any setting which would change the behavior like this.
> Anyone has any idea what I am missing?

The address in the welcome message is in the subscribeack.txt template.
The FAQ article at <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030605> describes the
search order.

The address in the envelope comes from the GetBouncesEmail() list method
which in turn uses the getListAddress() method. These are defined in
Mailman/MailList.py.

What modifications to these did you have on the old system that you
didn't carry forward?