[Mailman-Users] [Mailman-cabal] GDPR

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sat May 12 16:48:00 EDT 2018

On 05/12/2018 02:39 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> It would be a much more annoying matter if they claimed the right to be
> deleted from third party posts that quoted and identified them, though.
> If there is a "right to be forgotten" that impinges on mailing list
> archives, that seems plausible to me, though who knows what the High
> Court would rule.

I wonder if the entire post (and any partial / quoted copies) must be
deleted or if it is sufficient to modify them so that they do not
reflect the author but still retain (non-PII) content.  That would be
less of a negative impact on archives.

God forbid if blockchain was used on the archive.  }:-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die