[Mailman-Users] Mailman & DMARC question

David Gibbs david at midrange.com
Mon Nov 5 11:07:12 EST 2018

Folks:

I need a confirmation of a theory regarding Mailman (well, mailing lists in general) and DMARC.

After updating to a version of MM that supports handling domains with DMARC policies, everything seems to be working OK.

My quandary is: Is there any risk in implementing my own more restrictive DMARC policy?

Currently my DMARC policy is 'p=none' ... but I'd like to change that to 'p=quarantine'.

Is there any risk running mailing lists from a domain with that DMARC policy?

My theory is that there isn't ... since DMARC is mainly concerned with the from address and, as long as mail sent from my domain aligns with the DMARC policy, everything should be good.

Is this correct ... or am I missing something?

Thanks!

david

--
IBM i on Power Systems: For when you can't afford to be out of business!

I'm riding 615 miles (Yes, you read that right) in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure to raise money for diabetes research, education, advocacy, and awareness.  You can make a tax deductible donation to my ride by visiting https://gmane.diabetessucks.net.

You can see where my donations come from by visiting my interactive donation map ... https://gmane.diabetessucks.net/map (it's a geeky thing).

I may have diabetes, but diabetes doesn't have me!