[Mailman-Users] Fwd: Yahoo, AOL again

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Nov 18 23:45:39 EST 2018

On 11/18/18 4:46 PM, Jim Dory wrote:

> So looking at the EXIM config on the host VPS server, there is a
> Section:RETRYSTART that is blank, A RETRYBLOCK that has this:
>
>  +secondarymx           *           F,4h,5m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,8h
> *                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,8h
>
> And a RETRYEND which is blank. So I suppose the RETRYBLOCK is where the
> edit would go.

I don't think you need any changes here. I'm not sure what the
+secondarymx entry matches, but the default

*                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,8h

says retry every 15 minutes for 2 hours, then at intervals starting at
one hour and increasing by a factor of 1.5 until 16 hours have passed,
then every 6 hours up to 4 days, after which if the message is still not
delivered, it is bounced.

This is a common strategy and should be OK.