[Mailman-Users] Some site blocking our emails from mailman 2.1.29 ?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 30 19:39:50 EST 2018

On 11/30/18 2:17 PM, Matthew Goebel wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   We've recently had one or two sites block email coming from one of our
> lists.
> They seem to indicate it is because of sending address having bounces in it?
> ie... listname-bounces at list.emich.edu
> This seems odd, and I'm trying to figure out if anyone else has ever seen
> this?
> Not much I can do about this with mailman if true?

See <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030690> for some suggestions about working
with the offending sites.

If they are really rejecting the mail because of the literal '-bounces'
in the envelope sender, you can change that. In Mailman 2.1 the
'list-admin' address is a deprecateGetBouncesEmaild (from Mailman 2.0)
synonym for 'list-bounces and should be a working address. At around
line 196 in Mailman/MailList.py, you can change

    def GetBouncesEmail(self):
        return self.getListAddress('bounces')

    def GetBouncesEmail(self):
        return self.getListAddress('admin')

To get Mailman to send from 'list-admin'.