[Mailman-Users] Ban Any AOL Users

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Sun Oct 7 13:40:21 EDT 2018

Richard Damon writes:

 > Not all domains managed by Yahoo have a DMARC setting of reject,

True, I believe (although AIUI yahoo.co.* except for yahoo.co.jp have
p=reject, jp is franchised, not managed by Yahoo!), but those not
branded "Yahoo!" have p=whatever-the-domain-wants.

 > I imagine only those that have had the data leak that prompted the
 > issue in the first place.

No, I'm pretty sure this is an issue of brand management.  Although
AFAIK only yahoo.com leaked, Yahoo! eventually imposed p=reject on all
yahoo.co.* domains as well (except in Japan, where AIUI Yahoo! Japan
has licensed the tech and the brand, but manages itself).  I imagine
Yahoo! probably manages a large number of transactional domains where
p=reject is appropriate, as well as several domains where it's a
massive PIT Internet's A.

Steve