[Mailman-Users] Microsoft blocking our Mailman lists

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Mon Oct 8 03:57:06 EDT 2018

Hi,

I've learned this lesson the hard way. Back in early 2011 I signed up
with a company called Serverpronto where I could get my own dedicated
server. Their terms of service were very clear on the fact that they
have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to spammers, and all the
horrible things they would do to you if you even thought about getting
any of their network on any Email blacklists. Well I signed up, moved
lists over, and five days later I started getting bounces left and right
because my IP was on blacklists. I assume it wasn't my specific IP but
an IP range. I contacted support, and they did…absolutely nothing about
it! They weren't willing to investigate, they weren't willing to contact
the blacklists on my behalf since "they never respond," etc. I ended up
leaving them and switching to Linode. They've since merged with another
outfit I think, but unless they've straightened their act up big time, I
wouldn't recommend them to anyone!

Just goes to show, the terms of service can be all "We hate spammers
just as much as you do, and if we find out you're a spammer we'll do
unspeakable things," but it might not mean a thing.

Jayson