[Mailman-Users] Auto-populating lists from postfix virtual_aliases

3×5 Hi at 3x5.co
Wed Oct 17 15:21:47 EDT 2018

Hello,

I have a client with an existing mail server that uses postfix. He wants
to be able to occasionally mass-mail all the users in the
virtual_aliases table. However, they need to be able to opt-out of these
emails, like any other mailing list.

He also wants to be able to send to lists based on virtual domain. There
are several domains in the virtual_domains table of the mail server, and
he wants to be able to filter by one, and mail to everyone in
virtual_aliases who hasn't opted out and whose domain matches the filter.

I know that it's possible to integrate Mailman with postfix, but I don't
know if mailman can pull together lists in this way. Is it possible, or
is mailman the wrong tool for this job?

Thanks for reading!