[Mailman-Users] mm-handler support
gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed Oct 31 17:06:43 EDT 2018
On 10/29/2018 09:22 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> The most up to date version is
> For some info on the differences between this and the original
> see the thread beginning at
Thank you for the links Mark.
It looks like mine is based off of the original (or a close variant
The version I'm running:
$VERSION = '$Id: mm-handler,v 1.2 2002/04/05 19:41:09 bwarsaw Exp $';
$VERSION = '$Id: mm-handler 5100 2002-04-05 19:41:09Z bwarsaw $';
It looks like the changes consisted of the following:
- Changing how the sendmail binary is called ($SENDMAIL) to pass
- Change the ErrorMode from m (mail back) to q (return code)
- Change the from to be the null reverse path.
- Set to never return a DSN.
- Sets outgoing DNS parameter to only return headers.
- Sets an outgoing envelope ID.
- I extensively re-wrote / re-factored what was a simple multi-line
print to use MIME:: modules to build a proper DNS with all three
sections. (The last section is just the headers b/c of the outgoing
- I tweaked the ADDR: label to return an SMTP error (553 5.1.1
<$list\@$server>...) error message.
Let me know if you'd like me to port these changes to mm-handler-2.1.10.
I may do this anyway to be running a newer mm-handler*.
Aside: I've often contemplated a milter that could hook into the Python
pickles to optionally reject messages at SMTP time if a non-subscriber
tries to send an email to a list.
Grant. . . .
unix || die
More information about the Mailman-Users