[Mailman-Users] Systemctl unit file for MM

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 10 11:44:19 EDT 2019

On 4/10/19 8:06 AM, Bryan Blackwell wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm learning how to use systemd on my Fedora box, since I still had MM as a script startup I thought I'd fix that.  Below is a unit file, it starts and stops ok but the rm command doesn't work.  Comments welcome.
>
> [Unit]
> Description=Mailman, the GNU Mailing List Manager
> After=local-fs.target postfix.service
>
> [Service]
> Type=forking
> ExecStartPre=/bin/rm -f /home/mailman/locks/*
> ExecStart=/usr/bin/python /home/mailman/bin/mailmanctl -s -q start
> ExecReload=/usr/bin/python /home/mailman/bin/mailmanctl -q restart
> ExecStop=/usr/bin/python /home/mailman/bin/mailmanctl -q stop
>
> [Install]
> WantedBy=multi-user.target

You may want to add

PIPFile=/home/mailman/data/master-qrunner.pid

However, I don't think that's relevant to your issue. I don't know why
the rm command doesn't work. How do you know it doesn't?

But, in any case, I don't think it's a good idea. the -s in '/mailmanctl
-s -q start' should suffice to clean any stale locks.