[Mailman-Users] Now that Python 2 is dead in 2020 what are people's plans with mailman2?

Matthew Goebel mgoebel at emich.edu
Wed Apr 10 16:08:29 EDT 2019

I'm more worried another DMARC style debacle myself, more than a Python
security issue, although that could be an issue.

Thanks,
Matt

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 3:29 PM Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 13:36:59 -0500, Dimitri Maziuk via Mailman-Users said:
>
> >On 4/10/19 12:49 PM, Sean McBride wrote:

> >> Fixes to security vulnerabilities basically.  If/when some new one is
> >found after 2020, you're screwed.
> >
> >Screwed how, exactly?
>
> In the way you described (below).
>
> >With a properly sandboxed application your security vulnerability has to
> >be a) exploitable through that application and b) able to break out of
> >the sandbox and wreak havoc to your host system.
> >
> >It's all perfectly possible in theory but really, do a basic risk
> >analysis before jumping on the knee-jerk security bandwagon.
>
> Agreed. But should it happen, there'll be no patches to python2
> forthcoming.
>
> Sean

Matthew Goebel : goebel at emunix.emich.edu : Unix Jockey @ EMU : Hail Eris
Neo-Student, Net Lurker, Donut consumer, and procrastinating medher...
 "Always with the negative waves, Moriarty" - Oddball
 "Comfort the troubled, and trouble the comfortable." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer