[Mailman-Users] Now that Python 2 is dead

Matthew Goebel mgoebel at emich.edu
Fri Apr 12 11:21:11 EDT 2019

Won't redhat just apply/support fixes provided the software vendor?  If
something comes up with python
how likely are they to build their own fix?

Matt

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 11:17 AM Dmitri Maziuk via Mailman-Users <
mailman-users at python.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 15:58:36 +0900
> "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp> wrote:
>
> > PS Just saw this:
> >
> > https://mobile.twitter.com/zooba/status/1116364827146854401
>
> Whoever came up with that should upgrade to centos/SL/orrible 6: RedHat
> will maintain and fix RHEL6 with its python 2.6 and apache 2.2 until
> 2034, and rebuilds are free as in beer. As long as MM2 is python
> 2.6-compatible, I'll be fine with it until well past retirement age.
>
> (No wonder they sold their pile of software to anyone silly enough to
> buy it.)
> --
> Dmitri Maziuk <dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu>

Matthew Goebel : goebel at emunix.emich.edu : Unix Jockey @ EMU : Hail Eris
Neo-Student, Net Lurker, Donut consumer, and procrastinating medher...
 "Always with the negative waves, Moriarty" - Oddball
 "Comfort the troubled, and trouble the comfortable." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer