[Mailman-Users] Editing the options page shown to you when you are not logged in

Flo debianflo at gmx.at
Tue Aug 20 05:31:26 EDT 2019

On 8/20/19 12:38 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 8/19/19 2:23 AM, Flo wrote:
>>
>> I want to adapt the member options page when I am *not* logged in. For
>> example:
>> https://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/debianflo%40gmx.at
>

> This page is built on the fly by the loginpage() function in
> Mailman/Cgi/options.py using hard coded strings. See the FAQ I just
> created at <https://wiki.list.org/x/17892046> for suggested ways to
> change these strings.

I checked this page. And checked the source files.

Before I change anything I see, let's say, difficulties:

.) The changes are not by list (as possible for the listinfo page, for
example) but by server.
.) I want to rearrange the sections: the unsubscribe section should be
first to make it easy to leave the list (to be more compliant to the
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in Europe). For me, sending a
one-click link (with the password included) is not compliant as this is
a data security issue.
For this rearranging I need to change options.py as well.
.) With every update I do I need to redo the changes described before.

Especially the German page needs to be changed. Translation is wrong. I
think some text from another page found its way to this page. For that I
will get in contact with the one who is dealing the the German
translation anyway.

Do you see a possibility to work around the difficulties I described above?

Thank you!

Regards,
Flo.