[Mailman-Users] Mailman errors

Bill Richards wildbill.richards at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 18:14:02 EDT 2019

Earlier this month I email this list with issues I've had approving/discard
messages via the web interface (see below).

After digging around I've found that I maybe experiencing some kind if
config corruption in pck files under /var/lib/mailman/lists/mailman  When
looking through the smtp-failure log I noticed errors "Sender address
rejected: Domain not found" and it appears something has or is appending
the text "new-" to the beginning of the domain we use.  Further
investigation shows that "new-" is appended to the domain in the
config.pck, config.pck.last & config.pck.safety files.  I have no idea how
this got into the files but it appears to me the source of problem.  I have
reviewed the configuration of mailman via the administrative web interface
and it all appears correct (no arbitrary "new-" text) .  This is not a new
installation of mailman and has been in use for many years.  This issue
seemed to have started occurring in July of this year.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Bill Richards

mailman version 2.1.12