[Mailman-Users] Best way to slow down all the spam to my lists?

Chip Mefford cpm at well.com
Sat Dec 14 13:24:37 EST 2019

Good day all:

----- Original Message -----

just a fwiw:

years back, I ran a pretty fun mailman instance that handled a lot of internal
tasks, and was integrated into a doc management system, was glued to a few
ticket management systems, archived all of our accounting stuff, did hylafax,
all kinds of fun tricky things

Of course, these internal lists got spammed all the time.

as an email sysadmin, I had notifications turned off, and it was
part of the weekly checklist to log into the admin section of these lists
and clear out all of the moderation stuff.

These seldom went over a few hundred per list per week, so it didn't actually take all that long.
kind of a fri or mon morning-over-coffee task that I always suspected could be
automated, but in-the-end, was a thing that really was best handled by someone who
cared about 'delivering the mail' ! (aka, the postmaster's job).

fwiw.
--chipper