[Mailman-Users] Cron job to reset member bounce value

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Dec 17 12:36:48 EST 2019

On 12/16/19 9:55 AM, Ethan Rudnitsky wrote:
> Can anyone tell me where the actual member bounce value is stored? I want
> to setup a cron job to reset the member bounce value to 0 for
> certain members whose mailboxes are only active when they have a satellite
> overhead to give them internet connectivity (about 8-10 hours each day).
> They keep getting disabled because their bounce value breaks the threshold
> value but this cannot be avoided due to their location and lack of
> internet. Thank you for your time and knowledge.

The score is in the member's _BounceInfo object defined in
Mailman/Bouncer.py. This object is retrieved and set by the list's
getBounceInfo() and setBounceInfo() methods defined in the MemberAdaptor
(Mailman/OldStyleMemberships.py by default).

However, See the script at
<https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/clear_bounce_info.py> (mirrored at
<https://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/clear_bounce_info.py>) which will
do what you want.