[Mailman-Users] email to sms?

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Wed Feb 27 16:22:03 EST 2019

Hi,

I've been using mailman to send routine announcements for a long time
and more and more what people want is a text message. I've been able to
discover gateways for individual carriers so that I can send to
phone notification which is quick and handy. This has been well
received.

I've been looking at the list of carriers getting longer and have
looked into email to sms services but what I've seen has been
commercial and too expensive.

Is there a collaborative or open source email to sms project? Can anyone
refer me to better information? I've been pretty much just casting
around so far.

TIA.

Dave

--
In modern fantasy (literary or governmental), killing people is the
usual solution to the so-called war between good and evil. My books are

----- Ursula Le Guin