[Mailman-Users] Bounce processing

Sat Jan 19 21:39:22 EST 2019

On 1/19/19 5:41 PM, Kenneth G. Gordon wrote:
> Over the past several weeks, I have received many reports from Mailman concerning too
> many bounces from certain subscribers who are normally very active on one of my forums.
>
> All of these "Bounce Action Notification"'s appear to be coming from only a very few ISPs,
> the big one being AOL, although also verizon.com is another one. In the past, gmail.com,
> and hotmail.com have been a culprits.
>
> Is there any way to prevent these people from being essentially kicked off the forum until
> AOL, among others, gets its act together?
>
> Ken Gordon

The best you can do is look at the bounces and see what the cause is. If
it is the message being detected as spam, you may be able to contact the
ISP and get them to adjust their filters and at least partially white
list you.

There might be some other issue happening that the notice might help you
with.

--
Richard Damon