[Mailman-Users] Automatic subscription based on e-mail subject

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 31 16:16:14 EST 2019

On 1/31/19 12:05 PM, R. Diez via Mailman-Users wrote:

> I asked about a way around a perceived limitation, and in the face of
> the answer, I contributed with reasoning and examples (a couple of
> links) about a missing feature and why it is important. You may not like
> my view. You may have a strong idea about how mailing list
> administrators should use your software. But am I spamming? Is this
> discussion not welcome here then?

I don't think anyone said you weren't entitled to post or that your post
was unwelcome.

People were responding to your desire to be able to post to a Mailman
list (any list, not just this one) and then receive all replies in that
thread and only that thread whether or not you were explicitly addressed.

Have you considered that you could subscribe for a while with delivery
enabled and then at your end filter out mail from the list that doesn't
match your subject or maybe doesn't contain References: to your post.