[Mailman-Users] IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied on config.pck in Fedora 30

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jul 24 14:54:06 EDT 2019

On 7/24/19 11:28 AM, Robert Kudyba wrote:

>> All these files should be group 'mailman' and group writable and the
>> process should be running with effective group 'mailman’.
>
> By “these files” do you mean in /usr/lib/mailman? Those definitely did not have group write permissions. Do these files also need suid?

I mean the ones which I think in your case are in /var/lib/mailman.
Those are the ones that need to be writable by the 'mailman' group. The
ones in /usr/lib/mailman only need to be readable.

>> Did you see my reply about the file system needing to be mounted suid?
>
> Yes I did an responded in line with the permissions of the sub-directories and files:
> ls -l  /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
> total 264
> -rwxr-sr-x 1 mailman mailman 23048 Feb 12 06:54 admin

I'm not talking about the SETGID bit on the file mode. I'm talking about
the `mount` command that mounts the file system that contains
/usr/lib/mailman. look in /etc/fstab. The options field should not have
'nosuid'.