[Mailman-Users] IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied on config.pck in Fedora 30

Robert Kudyba rkudyba at fordham.edu
Thu Jul 25 15:30:10 EDT 2019

> Also, manipulating ownership and permissions of config.pck files is not
> a solution. Because of the way they are updated, changed permissions
> will be reversed.

Yes I'm seeing that.

This is a Fedora issue of some kind. You will have to contact Fedora.

I'll open a bug up at the Bugzilla and reference this thread. I'm surprised
noone else has brought this up.

The only other thing I can suggest is you have the following in /etc/fstab:

> > /dev/mapper/fedora_newdsm-root /                       xfs     defaults
>       0 0
> > UUID=d526e70e-89b1-4029-bfb1-db2e50d622fe /boot                   ext4
>   defaults        1 2
> > /dev/mapper/fedora_newdsm-home /home                   xfs     defaults
>       0 0
> > /dev/mapper/fedora_newdsm-var /var                    xfs     defaults
>       0 0
> > /dev/mapper/fedora_newdsm-swap swap                    swap    defaults
>       0 0
>
> It's a stretch, but you might try changing 'defaults' to 'defaults,suid'
> at least on / and /var in case Fedora changed the default to nosuid.

I did that, ran mount -a, restarted httpd and mailman, no difference.

Have you seen the suggestion to use Apache with suexec at
https://wiki.list.org/DOC/Apache+Suexec ? My first attempt was
unsuccessful, I kept getting:
Apache-Error: [file "util_script.c"] [line 497] [level 3] End of script
output before headers: listinfo
Apache-Handler: cgi-script

Perhaps that's too old, 2010?