[Mailman-Users] Uncaught runner exception
ls at proasyl.de
Tue Mar 12 05:37:21 EDT 2019
> On 3/8/19 8:17 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> On 3/8/19 12:05 AM, Lothar Schilling wrote:
>>> Am 07.03.2019 um 23:54 schrieb Mark Sapiro:
>>>> I would still like to find the underlying issue. I have been unable to
>>>> duplicate it locally. I would appreciate it if before you run
>>>> bin/unshunt, you could copy a few of the .pck files aside and send them
>>>> to me off-list.
>>> Will send some .pck files to your private address. Some may hold content
>>> which is not meant to be publicly available, they are for your eyes only :-)
>> Thank you. I will treat them confidentially.
> I have set up a test wherein I symlinked the qfiles path from the
> metadata in the shunted .pck files to the qfiles directory in the test
> installation, created the 5 lists that the shunted messages were
> destined to with preferred language = German and unshunted the 5 messages.
> The test Mailman is the head of the
> https://code.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1 branch, but this
> differs from the 2.1.29 release in minor ways, none of which have to do
> with archiving.
> Each of the unshunted messages was properly archived with no exceptions
> being thrown and qfiles/shunt/ was empty after unshunting.
> I then removed the 5 lists and started over, this time with
> ARCHIVER_OBSCURES_EMAILADDRS = No
> which is the only setting I see offhand that might affect this, but the
> result was the same, no error.
> Also, I note that some of the shunted messages had no non-ascii in From:
> I don't know what's going on in your installation, but I can't duplicate
> the issue. It may have something to do with list configuration or your
> German message catalog or templates if you have any changes in that area
> (i.e. any templates/site/de/* templates/HOST_NAME/de/* or
> templates/lists/LIST_NAME/de/* files not properly encoded as
> iso-8859-1). It could also be something in the
> archives/private/LIST_NAME/database/* files, although this would
> probably only affect the period in which you upgraded.
> In order to go any further with this, I'd need to see complete error and
> traceback information from Mailman's error log for the recently shunted
An example of a complete error message:
Mar 11 17:02:22 2019 (15400) SHUNTING:
Mar 11 17:22:37 2019 (15400) Uncaught runner exception: 'ascii' codec
can't decode byte 0xb5 in position 26: ordinal not in range(128)
Mar 11 17:22:37 2019 (15400) Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 119, in _oneloop
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 190, in _onefile
keepqueued = self._dispose(mlist, msg, msgdata)
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Queue/ArchRunner.py", line 77, in _dispose
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py", line 216, in
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py", line 602, in
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py", line 646, in
author = fixAuthor(article.decoded['author'])
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py", line 63, in
while i>0 and (L[i-1] in lowercase or
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xb5 in position 26:
ordinal not in range(128)
The problem is site-wide, not just for one or two lists. Anyway, there
are no altered templates or messages for a specific list. The only files
deviating from the default configuration are:
Of course Defaults.py has
DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE = 'en'.
So in mm_cfg.py I added
DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE = 'de'
add_language('en', 'English (USA)', 'iso-8859-1', 'ltr')
But I cannot see how this would cause the problem.
More information about the Mailman-Users