[Mailman-Users] Fwd: Uncaught runner exception

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 14 13:55:27 EDT 2019

On 3/14/19 2:39 AM, Lothar Schilling wrote:
>  Am 12.03.2019 um 23:47 schrieb Mark Sapiro:
>>
>> What is the path to the Python interpreter that Mailman is using?
>
> /usr/bin/python
> /usr/bin/python -V: Python 2.6.6

What is the python command in the result of

ps -fwwA|grep ArchRunner

>> What do you get if in that Python you do
>>
>> import string
>> lowercase

As noted in other replies, this should have been 'string.lowercase'.

>> string
> string
> <module 'string' from '/usr/lib64/python2.6/string.pyc'>

Get the python command from the 'ps' result above. run that full path
and then do

>>> import string
>>> string.lowercase
>>> string

I am expecting (hoping actually because it's the only explanation I can
see) that the result of 'string.lowercase' will be longer than 26
characters and will contain non-ascii. Then the result of 'string' will
point to the string.py(c) that this comes from.