[Mailman-Users] Delivery errors and spam grading

Jim Dory james at dorydesign.com
Mon Mar 18 21:44:05 EDT 2019

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 4:39 AM Stephen J. Turnbull <
turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp> wrote:

>   (You probably should
> also disable the Digestable option in [Digest options]

I'm also receiving several bounces back for errors such as:
 "SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
    554 Failed: Malformed MIME field: X-Ham-Report:"

Or:
 "SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
    554 5.7.1 [P4] Message blocked due to spam content in the message."

Mostly associated with the digest. Curious about the statement  above from
Steve: is disabling the digest option something people do regularly to
prevent issues like this? and if so - if I were to disable it now, what
happens to those members who are using that option? I assume they just
start automatically receiving non-digest messages, but figured I should ask.

thanks, JD