[Mailman-Users] unshunt does nothing

Jason Morrill MorrillJ at childandfamilyagency.org
Mon May 13 11:05:53 EDT 2019

I believe this issue is related to my other trouble with utf-8.
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2019-May/084435.html

Once I hand-edited /var/lib/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py, per the suggestion in that message. I restarted Mailman and ran the unshunt command again.

The shunted messages cleared out and no errors appeared. Though there was no positive affirmation the shunted messages were cleared either. Is the 'shunt' command meant to display anything?

==== Per Mark

No. All unshunt does is move the .pck files from the shunt queue to the
original queue from which they were shunted. It does this silently.
The requeued entry is then processed again by the respective qrunner,
and this process either succeeds or possibly throws the same exception
that caused the shunting in the first place, in which case the message
is shunted again.
=====

Thanks,

  Jason Morrill