[Mailman-Users] Mailman 3 Ready?

Johannes Rohr jorohr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 10:59:33 EST 2019

Am Mo., 25. Nov. 2019 um 16:47 Uhr schrieb Jim Popovitch via Mailman-Users <
mailman-users at python.org>:

> On Mon, 2019-11-25 at 10:17 -0500, Matthew Pounsett wrote:
> > Is there a timeline for that?  Mailman 2.x requires python 2.x, which is
> > EOL in about 40 days.
>
> I keep saying this a lot... the EOL you are referring to is Python's
> declared date that the Python team will no longer maintain Python2.
> HOWEVER, Redhat, Debian, etc., *will* still be maintaining Python2
> throughout the lifecycles of their releases that contain Python2.   So,
> for Debian 10 (Buster) that is well past 2022 (which is the LTS end-data
> for Debian 9).

Python2 is being removed from Debian's next release, Bullseye, though. This
already has caused turmoil for the Calibre package and I suppose that they
will have to remove mailman 2 also so that it is not going to be in the
bullseye release.