[Mailman-Users] acceptable_aliases does not seem to work (or more likely I don't understand) V2.1.23

stinga stinga at wolf-rock.com
Sat Feb 1 22:07:13 EST 2020

On 02/02/2020 03:19, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 2/1/20 1:58 AM, stinga wrote:
>> On 01/02/2020 02:26, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>>
>>> You can make use of the fact that mailman considers a post to be
>>> from a member if any of the From:, Reply-To: Sender: or envelope
>>> sender addresses is a list member. Posts from google groups
>>> generally have no Sender: header, and the envelope sender is
>>> something like
>>> 'info+bncbcn2p7unuujrbfxhspsakgqe7gew6fa at googlegroups.com' where the
>>> 'bncbcn2p7unuujrbfxhspsakgqe7gew6fa' may not be constant. However,
>>> messages from Google Groups have a

>> I don't have googlegroup in the email anywhere.
>> And the Reply-To: is the original sender in my example:
>> another at domain.com
>

> In order to enable that Reply-To: you need to go to your group
> Settings -> Email options and set Post replies to "To the entire
> group". There are other options "To the owners of the group" and "To
> the managers of the group" which probably also generate fixed
>
> If you don't want to use one of those to create a fixed Reply-To:
> address that you can add to your list as a member with no mail, you'll
> have to live with the messages being held.
Many thanks, I had discovered that and was waiting for a message to
arrive to test!
I note that the email received from the email list was cc: to the
original sender, but I am not sure if that is real or just a way to get
the sender in the email header somewhere.

Tanks again, I believe the change to google group settings is the answer.

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga at wolf-rock.com         o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\