[Mailman-Users] Attachment issue in Outlook

Jutta Wrage jw at witch.westfalen.de
Tue Feb 11 05:40:29 EST 2020

Am 11.02.2020 um 10:55 schrieb Kapil Dev Sharma:

> We allow users to send HTML or attachments and also we have msg_header
> completed empty but mail also have an attachment like ATT00001.txt, It's
> from mailman side or any other setting which we have to do. Please suggest!

My suggestion: The sender ist attaching the original mail he/she ist answering to.

I have been receiving such an attachment a time ago in a private answer to a mailing list post: It contained a message from the list or the digest index - I do not remember.
I guess the mail client was not able to handle digests. - Outlook, maybe.

Would be a good idea to examine the content of such an attachment.

Ah. just did find my message about that problem: Yes the problem ist produced by client software not being able to handle Digests.

The sender of the mailing list message changes from digest mode to message mode, the problem will vanish.

Jutta

--
http://www.witch.westfalen.de