[Mailman-Users] Server Migration

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Feb 14 11:37:51 EST 2020

On 2/14/20 7:09 AM, Dennis Putnam wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Just a little confusing with respect to the documentation which says:
>
> python manage.py hyperkitty_import -l foo-list at example.com $var_prefix/archives/private/foo-list.mbox/foo-list.mbo
>

> So the documentation should say for some installations:
>
> django-admin hyperkitty_import -l foo-list at example.com $var_prefix/archives/private/foo-list.mbox/foo-list.mbox
>
> Is that right?

It is correct that in some installations the command to invoke Django
may be django-admin. Whether our documentation should cover every
possible packaging decision made by a packager or installer is a
separate issue. My opinion is the people who do this
packaging/installation should provide supplemental documentation where
appropriate.