[Mailman-Users] genalises - no aliases for one od the ists

Jutta Wrage jw at witch.westfalen.de
Fri Feb 14 17:55:53 EST 2020

Am 14.02.2020 um 20:37 schrieb Mark Sapiro:

> The list is not in virtual-mailman because the the list's host_name is
> not in POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS. If the host_name is not correct,
> which seems likely, you can change it in the list admin General Options
> page (in the Additional settings section near the bottom). If it is
> correct you will need to add it to the POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS
> list in mm_cfg.py.

Hmm... I tried to add thar with no good results.

The host in config of that list is:

I added POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS containing host2.example.com

That did not work.

Just for note:

I hat torouble before with the setting being different for:

DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.example.com'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'host.example.com'

Mailman added the first one to the aliases for one of the addresses and exim refused mails.
So I did change the url variable to host.example.com

>> Exim does not accept mail for the missing list: 550 Unrouteable address
>

> If you are using Exim, it is probably better to configure Exim as
> discussed at <https://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html> rather than
> using aliases and virtual mappings.

I did follow the instructions.
Now mail for the missing list is accepted but not for the others.

The host now denies my connections.
I guess I have to wait until I can revert changes or add something making the 10 other lists working again.

Jutta

--
http://www.witch.westfalen.de