[Mailman-Users] mailman 2.1.18 for RHEL 5

Bill Cole mailmanu-20190215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Mon Feb 17 10:56:03 EST 2020

On 17 Feb 2020, at 5:27, Dennis Putnam wrote:

> On 2/16/2020 11:45 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>> Dennis Putnam writes:
>>
>>> Since migrating to mailman 3 on the latest RHEL is going to take
>>> some
>>> time, I need an interim solution to DMARC mitigation. I understand
>>> version 2.1.18
>>
>> Why 2.1.18?  Do you have that already installed?  It's already pretty
>> old, and many of the fixes still being made are security-related.
> It turns out that the only version available for RHEL 7 is 2.1.12.
> However, the mailman documentation indicates that also has DMARC
> mitigation. Anyway, I am giving it a try. Seems silly that RHEL
> repositories are so far behind the curve.

RedHat has a policy of nailing down nominal versions of software with
each major RHEL release and then backporting whatever fixes they deem
important into their packages over the life of the major release, adding
their own subordinate versioning. I know from working on the
SpamAssassin security team that RH is particularly attentive to security
issues and other major bugfixes.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org