[Mailman-Users] User can’t perform functions

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jan 22 11:59:55 EST 2020

On 1/22/20 8:44 AM, George R. Kasica wrote:
> I have a user listed in both list administrators and moderators - same valid email for both and they’re not able to post to the list. It’s closed only admins and moderators can post. I have no Idea what could be different the setup is pretty straightforward just list the addresses in the respective boxes. Can someone provide some guidance here as right now I’m the only moderator that can do anything and I have other things to get done besides admin other folks lists.

I'm assuming this is Mailman 2.1 since this is a Mailman 2.1 list. If it
is Mailman 3, please join the mailman-users at mailman3.org list at
<https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users@mailman3.org/>
and post there.

First, it is redundant to put the same address in both the owner and
moderator lists, since all these do is provide addresses for the sending
of notices and owners get them all. Being in that list conveys no
posting rights. See the FAQ articles at
<https://wiki.list.org/x/4030693> and <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030556>.

If you want this address to be able to post without the post being held,
they can post with an Approved: <password> header as noted in the second
of the above FAQ articles or you can add their address to Privacy
options... -> Sender filters -> accept_these_nonmembers.