[Mailman-Users] Changing the send email address from 2.1

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jan 31 12:31:14 EST 2020

On 1/31/20 8:09 AM, Evan Hansen wrote:
> So when I went to the FAQ page it told me to select Non-Digest options and
> go and select full personalization, however that isn't on the Non-digest
> page nor could I locate it anywhere else within version 2.1.27. All i want
> to do is modify the address my emails come from

The Personalization options are only available if the site allows it. If
you have access to Mailman's mm_cfg.py, you an add

OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = Yes

to enable this, but if this is not your server, that is probably not
possible.

In any case, Full Personalization only affects the To: header of the
delivered mail, not the From:

You can hide the address of the sender of the post by setting
anonymous_list to Yes on the ewb admin General Options page. If that is
not what you want, please explain in more detail what you do want.