[Mailman-Users] Mailman on TMDHosting.com

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jan 31 12:43:03 EST 2020

On 1/30/20 9:03 PM, Tim H via Mailman-Users wrote:
>   I just moved a cluster of domains to TMDHosting.com
> I had two Mailman mailing lists on the old service.  I made a gziped tarball of the entire account using the usual tool. Staff at TMD brought it over and in minutes all my files were in place.
> But. They do not have Mailman in cPanel.

As far as I know, every cPanel installation has Mailman 2.1.

The issue may be that they just dropped your files into somewhere in
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman. You can't just do that. cPanel's
Mailman is different enough that the config.pck files aren't directly
compatible and the file names and or locations maybe different to.

See <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030641>.

Also, there are others on this list who are much more knowledgeable
about cPanel Mailman than I am, and they may chime in.

> I could not create the address. Instead I got an error message saying a mailing list with that address already exists.

Which indicates cPanel is aware of it.

> But the address does not show up in the list of email addresses in cPanel, so, I cannot delete it.

You need advice from someone who knows more about Mailman in cPanel than
I do.