[Mailman-Users] The last release from the GNU Mailman project (was: Handling Munged From Addresses)

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Mon Mar 2 12:08:17 EST 2020

On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 10:53:19 -0500
Jim Popovitch via Mailman-Users <mailman-users at python.org> wrote:

> but I have vague recollections that both Barry and Mark have
> > said repeatedly that doing so would be substantially  anything built on the MM2
> > architecture.

assuming that's so I think the "anything built on the MM2
architecture" is perhaps misconceived. I don't need to be told that
MM2 is awkward to set up and run but millions of people get and send
mail that way every day and it mostly "just works." This very large
body of users it what matters most to actually getting work done, not
the developers' wishes and preferences - "more effort than they are
willing to put into...". I think increasingly as time goes by that the
new New Coke analogy is a good fit.