[Mailman3-dev] Include real name in Roster view

MLM Subscriber mlm at kaibren.com
Sun Apr 4 17:13:58 EDT 2004

In mailman 2, I created a patch so the roster view (from the listinfo page)
shows real names as well as (obfuscated or actual) email addresses.

This should be a supported option in MM3. Ideally there would be a config
attribute similar to the "Obscure addresses" attribute for listing
fullnames in the roster views.  (I am tired of having to reapply the patch
for each release. Can I get it added to the mm2 tree?)

---sample roster view---

       57 Non-digested Members of MyList:

"Alice Wonder" < smile at comcast.net >
"Ann & Dave" < drifters at jolimail.com >
"Bonnie Smith" < holdup at aol.com >
"Mary & Josh Hess" < disciples at verizon.net >
Etc.
----

/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/# diff HTMLFormatter.py.dist HTMLFormatter.py
92c92
<                 showing = Utils.ObscureEmail(person, for_text=1)
---
 >                 email = Utils.ObscureEmail(person, for_text=1)
94c94,100
<                 showing = person
---
 >                 email = person
 >
 >           fullname = Utils.uncanonstr(self.getMemberName(person), lang)
 >             if fullname:
 >                 showing = '"%s" < %s >' % (fullname, email)
 >             else:
 >                 showing = email

Patched file reads:
         for person in people: