[Mailman3-dev] Mailman 3 roadmap

Michael Roberts mroberts at bellanet.org
Tue Jul 6 15:53:16 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm wondering if any of you on the list can provide any insight to the following
questions.  Our organization is involved in a collaboration to examine how to move a product we host called
Dgroups www.dgroups.org to an FLOSS environment.  One possibility is to provide some resources (human) towards
the development of MM3.  Specifically as my colleague Kevin may have mentioned previously we are interested
to explore the potential of creating the database layer that connects to MM3.

Here are the questions:

1. Time-lines:  What is the latest proposed time-line for a beta release
of MM3?

2. If we joined the effort in September, when do people expect users to be able to switch to a MM3 from MM2.14

3. Do you have a rough idea how much time would be needed to create the
database layer for MM3 in terms of developer days?

Cheers,
Michael

Michael Roberts - Senior Program Officer
Bellanet International Secretariat
voice - 1 (613) 236 6163 ext. 2006